Lynne Britten - One Dye - Umpteen Ways to use it
This 1 day workshop explores many ways fibre reactive dye - usually sold under the name Procion MX (or Drimarene K can be used).
This dye is made for all cellulose fibres eg cotton, linen, rayon, etc but it can also be used on silk, and with some tweaking on wool…. Cold to warm water dye.
Firstly you will be using it how it was made to be used (all over even dyeing of fabric) and then printing with it and tie dyeing and yarn dyeing and resist dyeing and …… you get the idea.
Join Lynne on this exploration of what you can actually do with one dye, truely amazing.
Lynne will provide all the dyes and chemicals etc. Participant requirements will all be readily available stuff they should have in their stash. Anything specialist Lynne will provide.
Lynne will also provide notes for your future reference.
There are a lot of techniques to get through in one day, so this won’t be a dyeing metres of fabric day. Much more of a creating samples day and experimenting with the “umpteen” techniques.
Image credits: Lynne Britten
Textile dyes & so much more !
P: 02 4943 8808
If you are a current member, you will need to login to book at member prices.
Please do not attend ATASDA meetings or events if you have any Covid, cold or flu symptoms.
|Sat 27th Apr 2024 9:30 am
|Sat 27th Apr 2024 4:30 pm
|ATASDA Members $100 Non-members $125 Materials Fee TBC
|Epping Creative Centre - Mathews Room
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops